Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's (almost) Manic Monday

Another weekend gone. Too quickly, in my opinion. Not a bad one though. Mr. Sprite was on his Facebook account today and followed a link to what has to be one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile, so I donned my explorer apparel and braved the wilds of Youtube.com until I found my prize (an excuse to embed a video). I am so glad beatboxing hasn't died.
Check it out-

Nathan "Flutebox" Lee



Cool, right?

While I am on the topic of things that are amusing me this weekend; there was quite the war between two of the regular commenter's over at Pajiba regarding the merits/worth of the new Star Trek. For a time is was pretty entertaining. Then I got tired of reading that because I liked the movie, I was a victim of group think, that my tastes and intelligence were questionable, I took a break from reading the comments. My big mouth has already gotten me into trouble this weekend so I chose to stay out of it and just enjoy the back and forth.

I've also discovered the man responsible for Star Trek (also Alias, Lost and Fringe) is the very same man threatening to turn my beloved Dark Tower books into a movie. I may have to rethink my absolute disdain at the idea. It seems JJ Abrams is familiar with either creating or catering to a neurotic fan base. I'm tentatively admitting he may be the man who can do it justice. Very tentatively.

That's all for now. I am not very exciting today and glad for it (I am incredibly impressed with my ability to add a video. I know the host makes it idiot proof, but still).

No comments:

Post a Comment